Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hemant_Joshi

URL pasting in powerpoint

Dear Team,

Please note after Publishing the report in Microsoft fabric under app.powerbi.com in My workspace tab, when I go to power point and insert my dataset through URL link copied from "app.powerbi.com", URL is not working and it giving message "That's not a supported Power BI URL. Give it another go." So this leads to an issue in power point not able to use Power BI to visualize the data. Can anyone help me here how to resolve this issue? @powerpoint

2 REPLIES 2
StefanQ

Dashboard URL's don't work unfortunately, very dissapointing Microsoft!

You have to use the URL of a specific visual or a page. see this link for help Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Hemant_Joshi ,

not sure what you mean by " ... insert my dataset through URL link ... ", as you can not embed datasets into Power Point.
If you are using the Power BI Add-In you can embed live report pages and/or a visual. This article describes how you can achieve this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-power-bi-powerpoint-add-in-inst...

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors