Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Token expiry issues refreshing a semantic model

I'm getting  a"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError" refreshing a semantic model connected to a local dataflow.

Seems like some sort of token expiry issue. Every time I have to build a new connector?

Is there anyway of making this go away or appear less often. The connection is OAuth 2.0. In the gateway settings the refresh thing is even green but fails and i have to remake a new connection every few months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephenF ,

When a client acquires an access token to access a protected resource, the client also receives a refresh token. The refresh token is used to obtain new access and refresh token pairs when the current access token expires.You can't configure the lifetime of a refresh token. You can't reduce or lengthen their lifetime.Perhaps you can configure a scheduled refresh, where a refresh within the refresh token's validity period will acquire a new refresh token.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Refresh tokens in the Microsoft identity platform - Microsoft identity platform | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If i relogin to the oauth on the gateway, it works again. Is there a way to automate this?

In the gateway clicking the refresh button and getting a green symbol testing the connection does not help.

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephenF ,

When a client acquires an access token to access a protected resource, the client also receives a refresh token. The refresh token is used to obtain new access and refresh token pairs when the current access token expires.You can't configure the lifetime of a refresh token. You can't reduce or lengthen their lifetime.Perhaps you can configure a scheduled refresh, where a refresh within the refresh token's validity period will acquire a new refresh token.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Refresh tokens in the Microsoft identity platform - Microsoft identity platform | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors