Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

Tenancy region

Hi,

I've created our organization's first account, and (I suppose) it used my IP to create the tenancy in Australia.

However, I need our data to be stored in Europe (GDPR). I know a region cannot be changed, what are my other options?

Can I delete the account somehow and start fresh?

IT's not an active directory account, it's a manually created one as my organization doesn't work with AD.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zivhimmel,

AFAIK, power bi data are hosted in azure blob storage.

Power BI Security

According to your description, I'd like to suggest you take a look at following links about migrate azure data center and services:

Azure Data Center Migration just got easier..

Migrating Azure services to new regions

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but these are links from 2014/5, I am pretty sure in Power BI you cannot do that. There are more recent articles that say so. I guess my next course of action is to somehow delete the entire company's tenancy (currently includes only me) in Power BI and recreate. Problem is, I have no idea how to do that.

HI @zivhimmel,

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you ask your tenant admin to open a support ticket on azure side to get better support for migrate azure data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors