Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

blm001
Advocate I
Advocate I

Some visuals are empty

Hello,

I have the issue where SOME visuals in a report are empty. At one time, there were working on the service but in the last day or two they are completly empty. This is also impacting any visuals pinned to a dashboard.

However, in Power BI Desktop, the visualy work as expected.

I have tried republishing the report and no luck. On my desktop it works but not on the service.  I do have the latest version of PBI Desktop as well.

blm001_0-1601543037038.png

In the picture above, where the circled in the thick line is just your stand line chart.

This line chart was copied to other sheets/tabs in the report. They were all affected.

I have removed 1 (just one) of the line charts and recreated it.

Re-rublished.

Now the views works again.  ALL of  them, including the map below which I did not touch.  All I did was recreate one view.

Interestingly though. The tiles that were impacted on the Dashboards had to be deleted and re-pinned (even if I did not touch them in the recreation process).

2 REPLIES 2
mattyj2009
Helper II
Helper II

I have a map visual on one of my reports and I noticed it was blank.  I only noticed this visual being blank starting today.

For me this also happened and I was able to troubleshoot why my visuals all of a sudden became empty on some, but not all.  I noticed these visuals had data (export and show as table worked fine) 

Specifically it was the Table and Matrix visuals after publishing and my desktop report was perfectly fine, but when I published it, visual data became empty.  After a lot of trial and error (removing visuals, removing pages, recreating visuals, etc.), I thought I would try to apply one of the 'standard themes', save and then publish.  All my data now displayed correctly!  

I do remember modifying the my json theme for my report months ago and the report worked fine just up until last Thursday. I am thinking something changed in the service related to the process of elements in the json file. 

Maybe this suggestion will help others...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors