Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a_buell

Single Column from Data Source not Refreshing with Power BI online service.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue but..

I have a column created in Power Query called Utilization which is just the hourly differnece between an End Time and a Start Time. When I refresh my Report in Desktop mode everything works as expected and I can see my Utilization metrics. When I first upload the reprot to the Power BI service the report still looks as expected. However, when I hit refresh on the report in the online service or run a scheduled refresh my utilization metric dissapears every where and now displays as "(blank)". I hit edit in online mode and pull my Utilization column into a blank page and the column displays nothing. 

I then exported the .pbix file from the online service. When I open this in desktop mode the Utilization metrics still display (blank). But when I hit refresh in Desktop mode again the Utilization metric works again.

Anyone ran into this issue? Have no idea what is going on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @a_buell ,

It seems like a refersh failer issue. Firstly, I want to know what's your data source and whether you have set up a gateway for the on-premises data source. The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and Power BI Service.

There are five main steps for using a gateway:

1. Download and install the gateway on a local computer.
  2. Configure the gateway based on your firewall and other network requirements.
  3. Add gateway admins who can also manage and administer other network requirements.
  4. Use the gateway to refresh an on-premises data source.
  5. Troubleshoot issues with the gateway.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @a_buell ,

It seems like a refersh failer issue. Firstly, I want to know what's your data source and whether you have set up a gateway for the on-premises data source. The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and Power BI Service.

There are five main steps for using a gateway:

1. Download and install the gateway on a local computer.
  2. Configure the gateway based on your firewall and other network requirements.
  3. Add gateway admins who can also manage and administer other network requirements.
  4. Use the gateway to refresh an on-premises data source.
  5. Troubleshoot issues with the gateway.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

a_buell

Forgot to add in that in the online service refresh everything else in my datasource refreshes correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors