Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SFeldmann
Frequent Visitor

Sharing pre-filtered dashboard

Hi, I have a challenge with the following use case and I'm hoping somebody could help me. I created an employee scorecard report, that contents all necessary data for all approximately 100 people. The goal is providing every single employee its own (filtered) dataset in a dashboard. At the moment my only - very time consuming- idea is, setting a report filter for each employee, uploading each report to Power BI Service and creating a single dashboard for the employee. Is there any trick or different approach providing a same structured dashboard based on the same dataset for different employees instead of copying pre-filtered reports 100 times? Thanks in advance 🙂 Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SFeldmann Setting a report filter won't be a secure way of only showing each individual their information, they can still interact with the filters.

You should look into Row Level Security, this would allow you to build 1 model/reports for all users.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@SFeldmann Setting a report filter won't be a secure way of only showing each individual their information, they can still interact with the filters.

You should look into Row Level Security, this would allow you to build 1 model/reports for all users.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Seems the solution only works for Direct query reports .

Is there any solution for Commit querries

I need to show reports by customers and the customer should not be able to see data for other customer.

Any suggestion

Hi

I have a similar use case except the data is not sensitive so I do not want to use Row Level Security.

Mine is a sales report, where each branch manager will need their own pre-filtered dashboard. Branch managers report to Region Managers, who need their own version.

Probably looking at about 175 dashboards!! Not ideal!!

I don't want to use RLS as a workaround because it's not the right solution for this use case.

Is there another option?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors