Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SFeldmann
Frequent Visitor

Sharing pre-filtered dashboard

Hi, I have a challenge with the following use case and I'm hoping somebody could help me. I created an employee scorecard report, that contents all necessary data for all approximately 100 people. The goal is providing every single employee its own (filtered) dataset in a dashboard. At the moment my only - very time consuming- idea is, setting a report filter for each employee, uploading each report to Power BI Service and creating a single dashboard for the employee. Is there any trick or different approach providing a same structured dashboard based on the same dataset for different employees instead of copying pre-filtered reports 100 times? Thanks in advance 🙂 Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SFeldmann Setting a report filter won't be a secure way of only showing each individual their information, they can still interact with the filters.

You should look into Row Level Security, this would allow you to build 1 model/reports for all users.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@SFeldmann Setting a report filter won't be a secure way of only showing each individual their information, they can still interact with the filters.

You should look into Row Level Security, this would allow you to build 1 model/reports for all users.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Seems the solution only works for Direct query reports .

Is there any solution for Commit querries

I need to show reports by customers and the customer should not be able to see data for other customer.

Any suggestion

Hi

I have a similar use case except the data is not sensitive so I do not want to use Row Level Security.

Mine is a sales report, where each branch manager will need their own pre-filtered dashboard. Branch managers report to Region Managers, who need their own version.

Probably looking at about 175 dashboards!! Not ideal!!

I don't want to use RLS as a workaround because it's not the right solution for this use case.

Is there another option?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors