Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TrevorSeymour
Employee
Employee

Share Power BI report to general public

Hi all!

I have a personal Power BI report that I have created, and I wish to make it available for viewing by potential recruiters/employees.  If there a way to do this without them needed to have a Power BI account first?  Do I need to create a website to do this?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TrevorSeymour
Employee
Employee

Thank you both.  I've gone with Sharepoint

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

The "publish to the web" feature lets you create a public link for people without an account to view. You have to publish it to the service to get the link, though, and I don't recommend publishing it to your current employer's tenant for this purpose - which means you'd need to sign up for your own subscription. You don't necessarily need a Power BI pro license, but you do need a Microsoft 365 subscription of some kind to set up the tenant. 

There was a free developer program in the past, but Microsoft added a new requirement where it requires a MSDN subscription, so it's no longer truly free. 

Kaviraj11
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

You can generate an embed code once it's published to the workspace and then utilize the URL or Iframe script to integrate to SharePoint, Web etc which ever platform is available to you.  or you can use alternate soluion 

Solved: How to share reports with people that don't have p... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors