Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SteveKWWHA
Frequent Visitor

Setting up PowerBI

Hi All

Apologies if i am in the incorrect forum. I am looking at setting up PowerBO for paginated reports. We have purchased a Power BI premium Per User license to test this

When i then use the report builder and attempt to publish to my own workspace, i get the follow error: - 

ErrorCode: PaginatedReportRequiresPremiumWorkspace, Detail: You need Power BI Premium to use paginated reports in Power BI.

I there something i need to do to enable this? I've looked in the Admin console > Capacity Settings and i see the below: - 

Need more control over performance and scale?
Purchase Premium capacity, an add-on to Power BI Pro, to scale your BI solutions and easily distribute content with everyone in your organization.

Is there something else i need to do?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SteveKWWHA 

You need to create a PPU Workspace and publish the Paginated Reports there. You can't publish to "My Workspace" as it's not a PPU Workspace. Just click on "Create Workspace" in the Workspaces list and create a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1634129363646.png

You should then be able to publish your Paginated Report into the PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_2-1634129574006.png

See also The new workspace experience in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SteveKWWHA 

You need to create a PPU Workspace and publish the Paginated Reports there. You can't publish to "My Workspace" as it's not a PPU Workspace. Just click on "Create Workspace" in the Workspaces list and create a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1634129363646.png

You should then be able to publish your Paginated Report into the PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_2-1634129574006.png

See also The new workspace experience in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors