Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduled refresh - does it refresh from the actual source files or from PBIX file/Desktop?

I have all of my queries in Desktop fed by import.  I want to have the Service refresh daily to pull in the new information.  If I use the schedule refresh for the dataset, will it refresh from the source files on Sharepoint or will it only refresh with what is currently in Desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Jtischler ,

assuming you provided the credentials in the dataset configuration after publishing to the workspace, a refresh will read from the data source, meaning from Sharepoint.

This article explains how to configure a scheduled refresh: Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Jtischler ,

assuming you provided the credentials in the dataset configuration after publishing to the workspace, a refresh will read from the data source, meaning from Sharepoint.

This article explains how to configure a scheduled refresh: Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens  Great!! I need to figure out how to install gateway etc.. and provide all the credentials.  I just wanted to confirm that it would pull from Sharepoint vs Desktop before doing so.  Good to know I don't need to update the Desktop daily to keep the Service current! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors