Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

waterplea
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh: Command canceled, at wit's end

I recieve the following error on multiple datasets that are being uploaded through a web source:

URI cluster:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activiteits-id:8e6c31e9-2467-47bd-9d89-b08672cb8023
Aanvraag-id:fe03765c-cee6-79a8-c063-3241f0296f65
Tijd:2018-02-14 15:30:26Z

Futher information:

The dataset consists of one table that is being updated.

The csv file is around 7kb big.

Manual refreshes from the desktop version work fine.

Refreshes work fine most of the time but I get these errors an awful lot. Up till the point where I have to go to the service to turn the "Schedule refresh" back on, every day.

6 REPLIES 6
mikeda

I also have the exact same issue

that I didn't have few months ago. The same reports keep failing with scheduled refresh while manual refreshing within PowerBI Desktop works fine for all of these reports.

OK all of these files are around 13 to 16Mb; the other files are around 5Mb and none of them fails.

The source file is fed by a web source (csv file sitting on OneDrive for Business of the BI workspace).

We have no gateway.

Did you put a timeout setup for the refreshing process causing that error?

Can't work like this in a business environment ! We need to refresh our data on a daily basis.

Thanks for fixing this.

The timeout isnt an issue. Ive been republishing 60 reports with different changes to try to make them work. We use web.contents to source them.
Could anyone help?
waterplea
Frequent Visitor

Bump, seeing as there are more people suffering from the same issues and I haven't gotten a recommendation for a fix yet.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@waterplea,

What is the size of your datasets in your workspace? Do you use the latest version of Power BI gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft If you mean the size that it shows on "Available storage" at the service. I am using in total 59mb and all my reports are 1mb or 2mb.

I'm not making use of a gateway,

Hello,

please is there any progres in this topic? I have same issue and really not sure where is the trouble. I have enought space, the newest version of Powr BI desktop and some reports Iam able to refresh and some has error. I tested to set up two same files (same tables , space) and one is refreshed second not. Please is there any reason or solution? What can I check to solve it?

Many thanks,

TomasKincl

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors