Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

greenguy2012
Advocate I
Advocate I

Scheduled Refresh greyed out

All of a sudden, the "Scheduled Refresh" option is greyed out on my data set (connects to on prem and power platform dataflows). 

1) Manual Refreshes work fine

2) Gateway source connections have not been modified and are validated to be connecting successfully, and configured correctly

3) If I expand the Gateway section, the Scheduled Refresh options becomes available. 

Any idea whats going on this morning?

Capture.PNGff.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the data gateway solved it

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

I have this exact issue, which came about at the same time as this post. My sheduled reports refresh just fine, but I cannot access the the menu because its greyed out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the data gateway solved it

Updating the gateway resolved the issue. Thanks

Thanks will give this a go. Ta

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you validated you can connect to the gateway?  

is the gateway software up to date?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Like I mentioned, manual refreshes work online through the service so it's not an issue with the gateway. Just scheduled refreshes don't work. 

ah in that case you probably need to take over the dataset, who owns the dataset?  

ie 

vanessafvg_3-1668628445499.png

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I'm the owner. I tried re-publishing it, and even published to a different workspace. with no success. Nothing has been modified, just work up today and it was like this. 

Are there other reports running off the same gateway and having succesful scheduled refreshes?

Is the gateway on your laptop/pc  or on a server? (personal or standard mode?)

Yes other reports running through the gateway work and refreshed on schedule today. Its an on prem sql server windows source.

It works fine scheduling the refresh through Power Automate, but the native Power BI function is greyed out. Doesnt seem like its an issue on our end. Been working fine for weeks now.

Re-checked credentials as well.

still might be worth checking if the gateway needs an update.  

does power automate run off the same gateway?

have you checked the data source credentials on the dataset and are they still valid?  

might be good to log it here or see what others are expericing if its a power bi bug?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors