Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hoosha_11
Frequent Visitor

Schedule a refresh/multiple attempts in each refresh

Hello,

I've scheduled a refresh in service every 30 minutes. Previously, if the refresh attempt failed, it would automatically retry. But, as of now, if it fails once, it won't attempt to refresh again. Do I need to change a configuration setting? I think Power BI will try 4 times in a row and if all 4 tries fail, it will disable the scheduling. 

The error is regarding hitting the memory limit of the premium capacity.

1:

hoosha_11_0-1713872170563.png

2:

hoosha_11_1-1713872178175.png

3 REPLIES 3
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Do you have Premium Capacity? If so, what SKU do you have? What is the size of the model you are trying to refresh? Full refresh or incremental?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes, we have PPU (embedded) capacity with A2 size (5GB memory). I have implemented incremental refresh policy on 2 large tables (to refresh last 12 months). 

Vertipaq analyzer in DAX studio shows 1.05GB loaded into the memory in last refresh. 

Check out this YouTube from Guy in a Cube and Marco Russo that explains the model size how it is different in different places and some reasons why: What's the real size of your data model in Power BI? (youtube.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors