Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alxschaefer

Report won't display using DirectQuery

Hi all,

I am using a custom connector that queries my database via DirectQuery (database is InterSystems IRIS).  Everything works fine in Desktop mode but once I publish the report I am getting the below error trying to access it.  I do have the on-premise gateway installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-- Alex

DirectQuery error: DirectQuery may not be used with this data source - please consider moving to a supported data source or upgrading the SQL Server data source to the latest available version.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Hide details
2 REPLIES 2
alxschaefer

Hi there,

yes, the test connection of the gateway is successful.  My database isn't SQL Server so those cumulative fixes/updates don't apply in my case.

Thanks,

-- Alex

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alxschaefer ,

Have you configured gateway on the service,and test connection successful,pls check it.

vluwangmsft_2-1664849894982.png

vluwangmsft_0-1664849806992.png

vluwangmsft_1-1664849833328.png

And pls refer the below and check if it is helpful.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb4093226-fix-directquery-may-not-be-used-with-this-data-s... 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors