Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Refresh Error using Microsoft Graph to connect Planner to PBI

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Planner to PBI using the web connector and the Microsoft Graph. I'm using this M code:

let
    url="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0",
    plannerID="planner/plans/IjUzlmRZDUCY7eRuXibO4ZYABjhv/tasks",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url, [RelativePath=plannerID])),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromRecords({Source}),
    #"Expanded value" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Converted to Table", "value"),
    #"Expanded value1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded value", "value", {"@odata.etag", "planId", "bucketId", "title", "orderHint", "assigneePriority", "percentComplete", "startDateTime", "createdDateTime", "dueDateTime", "hasDescription", "previewType", "completedDateTime", "completedBy", "referenceCount", "checklistItemCount", "activeChecklistItemCount", "conversationThreadId", "priority", "id", "createdBy", "appliedCategories", "assignments"}, {"value.@odata.etag", "value.planId", "value.bucketId", "value.title", "value.orderHint", "value.assigneePriority", "value.percentComplete", "value.startDateTime", "value.createdDateTime", "value.dueDateTime", "value.hasDescription", "value.previewType", "value.completedDateTime", "value.completedBy", "value.referenceCount", "value.checklistItemCount", "value.activeChecklistItemCount", "value.conversationThreadId", "value.priority", "value.id", "value.createdBy", "value.appliedCategories", "value.assignments"})
in
    #"Expanded value1"

On Desktop I'm getting the data without any problems, but when I publish to the Service I'm getting a refresh error saying this:

_AAndrade_0-1710436903396.png

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to solve this problem?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

2 REPLIES 2
_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Thank you for your help. I've done all the configurations, but it hasn't solved my problem.
I will use automate to collect the data for SQL or Sharepoint and then use the data in PBI.
It's really annoying that the graphic connector doesn't work and we don't have a connector for the planner being a microsoft tool.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_AAndrade ,

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem:

1. Go to your dataset settings in the Power BI Service. -> Find the dataset that you've published which connects to Microsoft Graph. ->Under "Data source credentials," update the credentials for the web source. You'll likely need to use OAuth2 as the authentication method for Microsoft Graph.

2. Make sure that the account used for authentication has the necessary permissions on Microsoft Graph to access the Planner data. This typically involves having Planner.Read or Planner.ReadWrite permissions.

3. After updating the credentials and ensuring proper permissions, try manually refreshing the dataset in the Power BI Service.

If that doesn't help you, you can leverage the OData feed to query Planner data via the Microsoft Graph API or you can export Planner data (buckets, users, assignments, tasks, labels, etc.) into JSON files using Power Automate. For more details, please refer: How to connect to Microsoft Planner to Power BI - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

sharepoint online - How can we integrate Microsoft planner with Power Bi - SharePoint Stack Exchange

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors