Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Afshin
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI incremental refresh for table data source that is overwritten/changed everyday

Hi There,

I am trying to understand and implement incremental refresh in my reports. My data source is Azure storage. The file is overwritten everyday, it may or may not contain the same records from yesterday. 

Is it still possible to implement incremental refresh? Moreover will the incremental refresh actually help in reducing refresh times? Or do I need the data source to be something that's static and updated/added onto everyday? 

3 REPLIES 3
devesh_gupta
Super User
Super User

@Afshin You can follow the below article for implementing incremental refresh: How to Setup Incremental Refresh in Power BI (iterationinsights.com)

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this, however this doesn't answer the question to do with whether Incremental refresh is relevant for a data source that is overwritten/changed everyday instead of updating 

Service will not create a history for your data because your data is overwritten every day.
I think you can not do incremental refresh for blobs in Azure (I guess its a blob).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors