Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NasimDanesh
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi embedded export pdf with CURRENT VALUES in MENDIX APP

Hi All

We have an Embedded report in our mendix based app. We have built an export PDF button using the APIs.

Currently the pdf button exports with the default slicer selection. Is there anyway the report can be exported using the user’s current selection? I have read the available resources but they are all in other languages than Mendix, we have the availability to put also JAVA code in our application, therefore any mendix or java solution would be highly appreciated.

Possible solutions we are looking into:
1. Is there a way to get a list of filters currently applied by the user on the embedded solution? This can then be passed to the export pdf API.
2. Alternatively, can you set a state of the current report to be exported and pass this to the print pdf API. like the option available on PBI website as the screenshot bellow 

NasimDanesh_0-1695633770368.png

I appreciate your help and suggestion 🤗
@pbiembedded Re: Print and/or export to PDF from PowerBI Embedded Report 

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NasimDanesh ,

Please have a try.

You can use the getFilters method of the Power BI JavaScript SDK to get the current filters applied by the user on the embedded report. You can then pass these filters as a parameter to the exportToFile method of the same SDK.

Export Power BI embedded analytics reports API - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

powerbi - How can I export customized Power BI reports as PDF or PowerPoint on demand after embedded...

You can use the bookmark feature of Power BI to capture the current state of the report, including the filters, slicers, and other settings. You can then use the applyBookmark method of the Power BI JavaScript SDK to apply the bookmark to the embedded report before exporting it.

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors