Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sananthv
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Premium Paginated Reports ODBC Support

Do we know when this will be available as some of the DB's we connect using SSRS onpremise is PostgreSQL.

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sananthv ,

Have you installed Report Builder? In Report Builder, you can click data sourc type and select ODBC as below:

Capture.PNG 

You may also refer to this doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-quickstart-aw

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft  , thak you for the response. I was referring to the uploading of these reports to Power BI Service. 

PBI PAG Upload.png

@sananthv ,

I'm afraid currently power bi service don't support paginated report.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Sanath,

We will look into adding ODBC support in a future update, no commitment yet. Have you looked into creating a Power BI dataset using PostgreSQL instance? If this dataset is on premium capacity, you can use RDL report connected to it through XMLA connection. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-open-platform-connectivity-with-xmla-endpoints-pub.... In Power BI Report Builder, when adding data source select "Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services" as the provider. Thanks.

@rpatkar  Thank you for your reply. I am using Power BI Premium and since last Friday using Power BI dataset connected through XMLA. However the reason why I was asking whether Power BI Paginated reports will support ODBC is because there are a lot of SSRS reports connected to PostgreSQL through ODBC. The report pulls the data directly from the DB. I need the same when published to PBI Service. If I create an PBI ODBC custom connector with direct query, will it work when the paginated report connects to the PBI data set?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you found a solution this ?

I am using ODBC connection  to a Oracle 11g in the SSRS report. I can open the rdl file in report builder but i dont see ODBC connection option in report builder 🙄

Regards,

Maddy

@Anonymous 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-embedded-data-source supports Oracle.

PS: Sorry for the extremely late response 🙂

Team @v-yuta-msft 

Any update on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors