Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

quibtisa

Power BI: Invalid column name error

I'm having trouble with my Power BI code and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm getting an "invalid column name" error when I try to run the following code:

SELECT * FROM [MyTable] WHERE [Column1] = 'abc'

I'm not sure what's causing this error and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quibtisa 

Did you use this code by importing data from sql, it seems a SQL query, the sql query can be used when importing date from SQL 

vxinruzhumsft_1-1673331593693.png

In power BI, you need to use dax, and please confirm that the column is existing in your table.

e.g Filter('My Table', [Column1]='abc')

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quibtisa 

Did you use this code by importing data from sql, it seems a SQL query, the sql query can be used when importing date from SQL 

vxinruzhumsft_1-1673331593693.png

In power BI, you need to use dax, and please confirm that the column is existing in your table.

e.g Filter('My Table', [Column1]='abc')

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors