Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mkhan73
Frequent Visitor

Power BI (Get Data --> Web) throwing error while the url provides the data

I'm currently working on a Power BI report for my business, and the data for it comes from a report URL given by another internal team in my organization. The report URL retrieves data and also exports it to a CSV file. However, I get an expression error when I put data into Power BI or Power Query (Excel). Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation. Details:[Table]

Error1.png

Additionally, I get an expression error when Power BI promotes the headers and detects the column type. Expression.Error: The column 'id' of the table wasn't found. Details: id and this will continue for all other columns. I'm not sure what's going on with Power BI, but I've done some research and combed through all the posts/forums, but they have come up empty.

Error2.png

Several items to share: There is no column with the same name, no space in the column name, and nothing in the data source has changed. It has been verified by the team responsible for giving the report's URL. Could someone assists me about what the issue is here or what I am doing incorrectly?

4 REPLIES 4
mkhan73
Frequent Visitor

That didn't work

Remove the "Changed Type" step too - you will want to control type conversions yourself.  Maybe you can provide a sanitized version of your Power Query code?

I am still getting the Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation. Details:[Table]. 

Error3.JPG

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is always a bad idea to specify the column count during CSV import. Unfortunately that is what Power Query does by default.  Remove the "Columns = 39" part from your code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors