Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-jones
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dataset not refreshing on Services

Hi All,

I have fetched the Salesforce reports and created tables for each report and applied merger queries to combine all data into a single table "Contact Evaluation", then I created a reference table of this and updated the query of reference table (i.e. Export CSV) so as to trigger an MS flow which takes the data of source table and exports it to CSV which is later saved in SharePoint Online library by the same flow. I have tested all the functionality and manually refreshed the data which was working fine on Power Bi Desktop and then I published the report to Power BI Services.

I have scheduled few refreshes on Services but they are not working. Each time the schedule is run it fails and gives the below error: 

[Unable to combine data] Section1/Export CSV/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination. Table: Export CSV.

Below is the query of Export CSV from which flow is triggered using an HTTP request.

let
Source = #"Contacts Evaluation",
ToArray= Table.ToRecords(Source),
ToJsonBinary = Json.FromValue(ToArray),
WebCall = Web.Contents("https://prod-50.westus.logic.azure.com:443/workflows/7b4fe445b3fb4e65a03e0a2de4ad6cb8/triggers/manua...", [Content =ToJsonBinary]),
LinesFromBinary = Lines.FromBinary(WebCall)
in
LinesFromBinary

Under Data Source Credentials Salesforce and SharePoint credentials are working fine and even I can update it whenever needed, but in the web, which is basically the same URL which is triggering the flow is having "Anonymous" with Privacy level "None" and skip test checkbox is checked is showing an error when I am trying to sign in without skip test checkbox checked and showing below error:

Failed to update data source credentials: "Web.Contents" failed to get contents from 'https://prod-50.westus.logic.azure.com/workflows/7b4fe445b3fb4e65a03e0a2de4ad6cb8/triggers/manual/pa...' (400): Bad

I am not sure what actually causing the issue, I only need the schedule refresh to work properly on Services as well as the refreshes are working on PBI Desktop and for that, I have listed all the issues which somewhat look relevant to me. Hope my question makes sense. Please suggest some way so I can get this issue fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
ReportGuru
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @t-jones were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues with my data too. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector, I've never had any issue when updating my report in service. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @t-jones 

Sorry I can't repro it on my side, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors