Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

klev28
Frequent Visitor

PPU licence

My org has MS365 so everyone has pro licence by default.

I'd like to use some ppu features for dataflows. Is it possible to create dataflows with a ppu licence and publish reports using that source to a pro workspace/app?

I tried to understand this by reading the licence info but it's really confusing. it looks like once you work as ppu you can only publish & share with other ppu users. Unless you have capacity. My org is a charity so wouldn't be able to get capacity but could afford a couple of ppu licences for the reporting team to help build and admin workspaces.

Thanks for confirming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Unfortunatly yes, any contenct created with PPU license will only be cosnsmed by PPU users.
BTW you can opt for Power BI premium for non profit org at disconted pricing if that suits
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits/power-bi?rtc=1 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
klev28
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I didn't know abou the nonprofits discount. I'll look into it!

In general so far to me it feels like pro licence users are pretty restricted. Would you say it's possible to adequately create and admin business reports with only pro licencing across the org? We have MS Dynamics 365 so are pretty heavily invested. I'm just learning PBI though and haven't experienced it outside of my current workplace. I was excited by the prospect of using dataflows but not being able to see the record counts on the tables there feels super restrictive to me as an analyst. The first thing I want to know about a source is how many records there are... 😞

Yes Pro has some limitations but it can fulfil lot of requiremnets
For dataflow you can have it with Power BI Pro.
Can you share your query that you are trying to achive as saperate question in this forum, we might be able to suggest something that would not require PPU

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @klev28 

Indeed,

aj1973_1-1705672810365.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Unfortunatly yes, any contenct created with PPU license will only be cosnsmed by PPU users.
BTW you can opt for Power BI premium for non profit org at disconted pricing if that suits
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits/power-bi?rtc=1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors