Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Overdue Refresh Bricks the Refresh Schedule

Hi everyone,

I have a dataset requires to be refreshed once per hour. Normally it tooks 15-17 mins to complete refresh process, but sometime the previous refresh will takes more than an hour to refresh due to the performance throuttling on the server side. So the next scheduled refresh time will be stuck at the one the overdues forever. For example, the previous refresh starts at 2:00 PM and finished at 3:15 PM, but the next scheduled refresh time should be 3:00 PM. In this case, the next refresh time will stuck at 3:00 PM forever. Until I trun off the schedule refresh in the setting,and then turn it back on. Not sure if this is a known bug? Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my knowledge, there are 2 situations:

1. If the scheduled refresh at 3:00 PM starting time is after 3:15 PM, the refresh will proceed, but the specific delay time is uncertain.

2. If the scheduled refresh at 3:00 PM starting time is before 3:15 PM, the refresh will be canceled.

You can see the refresh details in Refresh History.

refresh history.PNG

As long as the number of refreshes does not reach the upper limit, Power BI will always try to refresh.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my knowledge, there are 2 situations:

1. If the scheduled refresh at 3:00 PM starting time is after 3:15 PM, the refresh will proceed, but the specific delay time is uncertain.

2. If the scheduled refresh at 3:00 PM starting time is before 3:15 PM, the refresh will be canceled.

You can see the refresh details in Refresh History.

refresh history.PNG

As long as the number of refreshes does not reach the upper limit, Power BI will always try to refresh.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors