Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fjra1331
Frequent Visitor

OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS)

Please help. Scheduled data refresh fails intermittengly (i.e. sometimes once a day, sometimes 2-3 times a day). There is also no pattern as failures occur at different times of the day everyday.

My dataset has 15 OData connections to SharePoint Online Lists + 1 Excel connection to an excel file posted on SharePoint also.

There are 8 scheduled data refreshes each day. Each takes betweek 10 and 20 minutes on average.

Error details:

Processing error:OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS)
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-F-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:40bf50b3-bf0b-4733-923e-055d279c139a
Request ID:4721cb40-4085-4a19-bf12-b0513ab7f271
Time:2021-03-15 18:11:23Z

I have tried optimizing queries per Microsoft's guidelines. I have also made sure that there are no conflicting datasets refreshing in parallel. Yet, the issue persists. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @fjra1331 

According to your error detail, I guess that the “429 too many requests” problem exists in the 15 OData connections to SharePoint Online Lists. Although I can’t find the limitation document in detail, I think you can just try to connect to the Sharepoint list in Power BI desktop instead of using the Odata connector, you can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sharepoint-online-list

What’s more, I also think that you can try to allocate the scheduled refresh time of this dataset at midnight (Parallel refresh should continue to be avoided) to avoid resource occupation to the greatest extent in Power BI service.

Two Way To Get Data From SharePoint List / Library

If you still have a problem, I think you can also try to upgrade to the Premium capacity.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @fjra1331 

According to your error detail, I guess that the “429 too many requests” problem exists in the 15 OData connections to SharePoint Online Lists. Although I can’t find the limitation document in detail, I think you can just try to connect to the Sharepoint list in Power BI desktop instead of using the Odata connector, you can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sharepoint-online-list

What’s more, I also think that you can try to allocate the scheduled refresh time of this dataset at midnight (Parallel refresh should continue to be avoided) to avoid resource occupation to the greatest extent in Power BI service.

Two Way To Get Data From SharePoint List / Library

If you still have a problem, I think you can also try to upgrade to the Premium capacity.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors