Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IssacCDavid
Regular Visitor

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I am receiveing the below error when trying to set up a dataflow in Power BI web to connect via a gateway to Salesforce

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Details:

DataSourceKind = Odbc

OdbcErrors = #table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {})

The status of the connection is showing up as "Online", but we are unable to connect using the connection from Power BI web to Salesforce to retrieve the value.

I have also verified the credentials used for the Salesforce account used to set up this connection and data source and I am able to login to Salesforce user account using theses credentials.

2 REPLIES 2
IssacCDavid
Regular Visitor

Hello Caitlyn,

Thank you for the pointers and sorry for not getting back with a response/update in time.

We do not use Security Toke, Consumer key or secret. But rather credentials for a service account/user on Salesforce

Our Power BI Technical team that manages creating the connection/dataflows created a new DSN and tested the credentialls for the Salesforce User/Service Account using CData ODBC connection application and then proceeded to use this new DSN in creating a new Dataflow connection with the credentials

Some observations were:

1. On the Salesforce Service user/Account Record - Ensure that the account is not locked out, credentials are valid and that "API Enabled" access is provided either through the Profile level or through a Permission set

2. This part is not that clear to me, but it appears that multiple dataflows using the same DSN do not work - Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong. We had reconciled to removing any Dataflow connection we were trying to create and had just unique connection in the end, which also seemd to contribute to resolving the issue

Thank you again for your timely response and suggestion

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IssacCDavid ,

It seems not the wrong in Power BI side.

Login to Sales Force with the ID you wish to work with, then:
Reset Security Token:
https://tinyurl.com/SF-Reset-Secret 

View Consumer Key and Secret
https://tinyurl.com/SF-Consumer-and-Secret 

View login attempts
https://um5.lightning.force.com/lightning/settings/personal/LoginHistory/home

For more you may refer to this  Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out with SOAP API - Salesforce Developer ...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors