Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not possible to schedule a refresh

Hello community,
I'm currently working in a power bi report that takes some photos from the Sharepoint and I'm making the path with the Folder Path & Name of the photo and transform them to base64 which is working. 

Now the problem is that I can't schedule a refresh cause I get this message. I tried everything I found but not working because it ask for the credentials and tells me that can not sign in even tho the datas are correct. 

I tried to add the relative path but this is what is causing me the problem with the credential. 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "URL", each Web.Contents("https://####.sharepoint.com",
 [ 
     RelativePath="teams/team_###/Shared Documents/ET_PUR_Input/File Name/Pictures/"
  & Text.From([Name])]
))

I can say that I've tried in many ways but none are working.

What I am doing wrong? Can you please help me? thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the error indicates you have got a data source where it is dynamically created.
You can try to go into Power Query and click on Data Sources, it will say Hand Authored data source. You will then need to fix your table where this occurs.

Refer to, which describes how to set a scheduled refresh on a dynamic data source in Power BI:

https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/setting-a-scheduled-refresh-on-a-dynamic-data-source-in-power-...

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Help: Dataset includes a dynamic data source error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Power BI Service with dynamic data sources - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Lucien

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the error indicates you have got a data source where it is dynamically created.
You can try to go into Power Query and click on Data Sources, it will say Hand Authored data source. You will then need to fix your table where this occurs.

Refer to, which describes how to set a scheduled refresh on a dynamic data source in Power BI:

https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/setting-a-scheduled-refresh-on-a-dynamic-data-source-in-power-...

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Help: Dataset includes a dynamic data source error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Power BI Service with dynamic data sources - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-luwang-msft ,

Thank you for the solution. I tried it before and didn't work but somehow now it's working.

Thank you again!

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous - I could not see the actual error message in your post.  It is likely that error message will be related to privacy concern because of the way that you are using one data source to get data from the Web, but I need the message to confirm.  Could you please share? 

I was also wondering why you have not use the native SharePoint.Files power query function instead of Web.Contents.  It looks like the picture are stored in a normal SharePoint Library.  The connector will give you access to the binary file that you can convert to Base64 text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @Daryl , thank you for replying.

This is the message I get when trying to set a refresh for the power bi.

AndreiSfarc_0-1668243033301.png

So when I am using the native Sharepoint files power query function I get this error. When I am trying to switch to Web.Contents() using aswell a relative path my credentials aren't recognized by the system.

The sharepoint I'm using has Organisational privacy cause it is from my company.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors