Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

srinival
Helper I
Helper I

My Schedule Refresh Fails Occasionally

Hi Team,

I have a data source residing in On-Prem and Gateway is installed in Cloud. On some occasions, we are observing that our schedule refresh on the power bi service is failing.

We are noticing the below error 

Microsoft SQL: The server principal "agc_rp" is not able to access the database "optprd" under the current security context.

For some reason the agc_rp is trying to access the database "optprd", we use completely a different database.

Please advise where we can find the configuration related to "optprd".

I seen the article which says that we need to provide Connect Permission to "optprd", but in our case we are not at all using the "optprd" at all.

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Regards

Srini

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srinival ,

Whether you add the data source to the gateway, adding this database to the gateway requires providing its corresponding database name and relevant credentials

vxinruzhumsft_0-1669702484892.png

Please refer to the following link

Manage your data source - SQL - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

1) check your model calls, Power Query M code, tables loading etc if any its using that database for any reason, 

2) do the same check for your sql systema databse, if possible that database its a sub part that calls it for a extra information its stored there, if that the case just configure the access to it and done

for more help I recommedn you paste a little more detail about the case, theres a post that explain a good example of how to post questions for better asistince:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/2336167#M8430... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors