Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

swwong1
Helper III
Helper III

Manual Refresh Not Working (Scheduled Refresh Works Fine)

Hi All

I have a PBI report uploaded to a Workspace (on premium capacity). The PBI report is connected to a data flow and an Excel SharePoint (through web).

There is a scheduled refresh that runs every morning and it works fine. When I update something in Excel during the day, I would go to the dataset inside that workspace and click Refresh. However, the PBI report doesn't seem to be taking the latest update from Excel until the following morning's scheduled refresh.

** There is no error message when I click refresh and the refresh time does show it's been refreshed (i.e. showing 2 pm instead of the scheduled time at 8 am).

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @swwong1 ,

Pls try to download the pbix file ,and open it by use Power BI Desktop.Click refersh it,check if it is work? And you could republish it .

Best Regards

Lucie

Hi @v-luwang-msft 

That does work. Just wondering can't I click refresh directly from the data set in PBI Service?

HI @swwong1 ,

According article ,Only pinned visuals are refreshed, not pinned live pages.

This refresh process is less important because it's only relevant for live connections to Analysis Services. For these connections, Power BI caches the last state of the report visuals so that when you view the report again, Power BI doesn't have to query the Analysis Services tabular model. When you interact with the report, such as by changing a report filter, Power BI queries the tabular model and updates the report visuals automatically. If you suspect that a report is showing stale data, you can also select the Refresh button of the report to trigger a refresh of all report visuals, as the following screenshot illustrates.

vluwangmsft_0-1670553451652.png

refer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors