Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkBurgess
Frequent Visitor

Linking Power Apps to Fabric

Hi, I'm using the following guide with the aim of making data entered into a Power App available in Fabric 

Link your Dataverse environment to Microsoft Fabric and unlock deep insights - Power Apps | Microsof...

After clicking Analyze > Link to Microsoft Fabric  it opens the Validatie Configuration screen. The first step of this is 'Access to Power BI and Fabric capacity'. After spinning round for a few minutes it returns the message 'You need a Power BI premium license to continue. Click here to purchase Power BI or get a trial.' We have P1 premium capacity, so I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkBurgess
Frequent Visitor

Think the issue was that the capacity region didn't match the Dataverse environment. My capacity was UkSouth but when creating a Dataverse environment it doesn't give you the option of which Azure region you want to use, only location (e.g. United Kingdom). The actual region wasn't visible anywhere, it just said United Kingdom. 

It seems like the only way you can be specific about the region is to create the environment using the Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell module in PowerShell. I created a new environment using the code below and resolved my issue.

New-AdminPowerAppEnvironment -DisplayName 'YourEnironmentName' -Location unitedkingdom -RegionName uksouth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkBurgess
Frequent Visitor

Think the issue was that the capacity region didn't match the Dataverse environment. My capacity was UkSouth but when creating a Dataverse environment it doesn't give you the option of which Azure region you want to use, only location (e.g. United Kingdom). The actual region wasn't visible anywhere, it just said United Kingdom. 

It seems like the only way you can be specific about the region is to create the environment using the Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell module in PowerShell. I created a new environment using the code below and resolved my issue.

New-AdminPowerAppEnvironment -DisplayName 'YourEnironmentName' -Location unitedkingdom -RegionName uksouth

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

go to the admin console and check if the creation of Fabric artifacts is permitted for that P1 capacity.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes it is, it's limited to a particular group in the tenant settings but I'm part of that group and have been creating Fabric artifacts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors