Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there ANY way to share reports with non-pro/premium users?

Hey everyone,

I've asked a similar question before, but I keep getting conflicting answers, so I'm going to ask a simplified version of my question:

Is it possible to share a dashboard OR report with non-pro users (where they can filter and slice data on their own without asking me to do it for them)?

I've created a dashboard (what's the difference between a dashboard and report? I'm using them interchangeably currently but I don't think they're the same...) with filters and data using a dataset from excel, and I just want to share that view (with the functionality to use filters) out to a broader group. 

I thought I could embed the report into Sharepoint to accomplish this, but that's been a confusing nightmare and hasn't worked.

I'm at an impasse and can't really move forward until I can figure out how to share the output of what I've made with 200 or so people. Do they really all need to have pro licenses just to view and filter my existing creation?

Please help an idiot out, I'm stuck and frustrated. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

How about sharing your reports with the 'publish to web' feature? It does not require a pro license. (notice: it does not allow you to enable security settings and viewers also not able to do custom on it)

Publish to web from Power BI 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi there

I would also preface that when using Publish to Web your data can be viewed by anyone. This is not a secure method to share data if you want to keep it secure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

When you have a premium license you are given free pbi licenses that you can then provision to your targeted stakeholders so that they can consume your dashboards.

Hi there

As mentioned you either need the users to have Power BI Pro licenses, or they need to have the App running on Power BI Premium for it to be shared for free

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors