Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ptakja

I cannot get the Power BI Analysis Services Connector to connect to my SSAS instance.

No matter what I do with the Power BI Analysis Services Connector, I get the following error:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8050"

My sys admin tells me that the IP address/port looks like a local loopback...so it never leaves my machine.

How can I address that??

This issue is preventing the Power BI Personal Gateway from running as well...

4 REPLIES 4
GiriNair
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi, could you send me the event log on the machine from the following location:

1. Open event viewer

2. Expand “Applications and Services Logs”

3. Click on “Data Management Gateway”

I have the same issue after installing the SSAS Connector on a Windows Server 2012 R2 box alongside SQL 2016.

Netstat shows that there's nothing listening on port 8050.

The Data Management Gateway event log shows;

Warning : Could not create service on the specific port for not have access rights.

Error : Gateway Key is not assigned yet.

The Data Management Gateway Service is running under the NT SERVICE\DIAHostService account

After adding the Service account NT SERVICE\DIAHostService to the local Administrators group, and restarting the service : the warning message does not appear in the logs, but the Gateway Key error still persists.

The UI for the Pwer BI Analysis Service Connector reports; "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

Please check if your Windows Firewall service is up and running, if not, please start it up and re-install AS connector. I could reproduce the same issue if I stop Windows Firewall service and install AS connector.

You're quite right, Windows Firewall being enabled during the installation fixes my issue.

So the steps i had to take were;

Uninistall Power BI Analysis Services Connector

Enable Base Filtering Engine service

Start Base Filtering Engine service

Enable Windows Firewall service

Start Windows Firewall service

Install Power BI Analysis Services Connector

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors