Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use SAP HANA variables created in HANA in Power BI Service

Hi All,

I have developed a Power BI report on SAP HANA view.The view has five optional variables as shown in the image below. I can see those variables in Power BI desktop when adding the objects . Can someone please let me know how I can see these variables in Power BI service.

1.JPG

Thank you

Poojitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @Anonymous 

Sorry ,as of now, import connections are't support.You need to change it to directquery connection.

Please check the requirements in Edit SAP variables in the Power BI service .

10.png

For your requirement , you can add it as a new idea on idea forum and add your comments  to make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

When using SAP Business Warehouse or SAP HANA with DirectQuery, report authors can now allow end users to edit SAP variables in the Power BI Service for Premium and shared workspaces. Note that this feature does NOT work for reports in the Shared with me tab of My Workspace and Apps created from V1 Workspaces.

Once the report is published to the Power BI service, users can see the Edit variables link in the new Filter pane. If you're publishing the report for the first time, it may take up to 5 minutes before the Edit variable link appears.

1.png

If the link hasn't appeared, you will need to manually refresh the dataset. You can do so by:

1. In the Power BI service, select the Datasets tab in the content list for a workspace.

2. Find the dataset you need to refresh, and select the Refresh icon.

3. Selecting the Edit variables link brings up the Edit variables dialog, where users can override variables. Selecting the Reset button resets the variables to the original values that appeared when this dialog was opened.

Please refer to this  Powerbi documentation on Edit SAP variables in the Power BI service  for more details.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

Thank you for the details, But for my requirement I am using import query. In such cases , is there a way to access the HANA variables  in the Power BI service.

Hi,  @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If yes, you could accept the helpful answer as solution. You also could share your own solution here. For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi , @Anonymous 

Sorry ,as of now, import connections are't support.You need to change it to directquery connection.

Please check the requirements in Edit SAP variables in the Power BI service .

10.png

For your requirement , you can add it as a new idea on idea forum and add your comments  to make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors