Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vibration85
Helper II
Helper II

How to migrate all reports and datasets from one instance(environment) to another one?

Hello all,

Can anyone help me to migrate or move all my reports, datasets, and dashboards from one instance that the company had it before and to a new one that created now? they are both different instances and I need to move everything.

Is Power BI Report Server the only solution? as I don't allow install any new tools.

I should add that both of them are in the same server but the setting (as subscriptions) and administration is different.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Vibration85 It's been awhile by I think you generally backup and restore your database.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi there

Are you migrating Power BI Report Server or Power BI reports and datasets?

If it is Power BI Report Server as Greg mentioned you could backup and restore.

If it is the Power BI Service, you will have to download all the PBIX files, make note of the dashboards and then re-create it in the new PBI Service tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Many thanks @GilbertQ and @Greg_Deckler .

Yes, I mean Power BI Service, and I was looking for a solution to make it easier to migrate all the reports to another tenant as you know it is annoying to export and import all the files.

@Vibration85 As far as I know, you have to export/import. You may have some luck automating some of this with the Power BI REST API.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I have the same database for both as well and I know I can export and import them but if there is any APIs or other solution that I can extract all the reports and dataset in one shot and import them in another tenant actually? because they are around 10 reports and dashboards.

Vibration85
Helper II
Helper II

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors