Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Marico
Helper II
Helper II

How to get the info in active directory about the users connected to service

Hi team,

Can you please help me to get the info in the active directory about the users connected to the service?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Marico 

In the Audit log, you can see the user's activity. You must be logged in as an administrator.

vjaneygmsft_1-1631760614721.png

vjaneygmsft_0-1631760546753.png

You can also choose time range and activity content yourself, then export them. This can probably meet your needs.

vjaneygmsft_2-1631760764356.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Marico
Helper II
Helper II

When a user logs into the Power BI service, we need to fetch the top 5 reports opened by the user until that time frame. It should dynamically change each time the user logs in. We also need to get this information for all the users under the tenant.

I don't think this will be of much use. Users are logging in to the Power BI service once and then stay logged in for very long stretches of time. Session expiry is random ( in our experience).

But is there any way to get the capture live the list of users connected to power bi service and their attributes like email, etc?

No, that is not something that you can report. You can only report on consumption.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

please explain "connected to the service" ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors