Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

siphesihle
Frequent Visitor

How to copy column data from a table in power bi service

How do you copy multiple selected values in a column ?

siphesihle_0-1681385538343.png

when i choose copy value only 1 value gets copied even though i have selected multiple values, and when i copy selection it includes data from other columns which i dont need. I want to only select multiple values from 1 column and copy them.

4 REPLIES 4
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @siphesihle  and @renee-kingsbury 

The only option is to either export or copy the selection and then edit your response before you send it out it email. Also, you can create a single-column table for your reference to copy that and send it out as per your need.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
renee-kingsbury
Frequent Visitor

Same question.   Have you had any luck with copying a column?  There needs to be a "Copy selection" for column(s).  I have a need to quickly copy a column to paste the list into an email. 

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @siphesihle 

The best option is to export the data from the visual and then use data as needed from excel. Or if you have pbix file you can go to data view and can copy the column and then paste it in excel.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

I have the same question.  I understand there is an option to export but it adds time to download and then open the exported file.   I just need to copy a column so I can quickly paste a list into an email.  Need a "copy>selection" option for columns.  Any idea if this is something being explored?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors