Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JohnnyDax
Frequent Visitor

How does permission work ?

JohnnyDax_1-1674666761278.png

We have this setup at our company, however it seems that user from the operational units can't load visuals while others can. 

Operational units users are only added to the top workspace. Do i have to grant them read right directly on the dataset ? 

Also since we're using premium i also have user who appear to have no right written in the workspace parameters but yet if you send them a link they can read it.

No RLS are used.

No App are used for convenience because it would be nice to have folder in the workspace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @JohnnyDax ,

You are right- if you don't want to use an app, you will need to give all report users access to the dataset in the Head Operations workspace.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @JohnnyDax ,

You are right- if you don't want to use an app, you will need to give all report users access to the dataset in the Head Operations workspace.

Hi @djurecicK2 , this work thanks you very much

However i'm not sure to understand how everything work together. Some Operational Users could see the data before i added the whole group to the dataset right. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors