Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andymc
Frequent Visitor

Get page views in Activity Events API

I was looking to get page views, similar to what is available in the Usage Report, from the Activity Events API.  However, I am not seeing the information when I am reviewing the data that is dumped from the REST API Try It option.  Before I implement anything further I wanted to see if I am missing something or if that information is not yet available through the API calls.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @andymc 

I can confirm that page view are currently not in the Activity Events API at this point in time

You can vote for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoeKoeJr
Frequent Visitor

I have voted for any/all ideas (3 that I could find) requesting the PBI REST APIs provide activity information down to the page level on reports.  It's tough telling my PBI users if they want page usage, they have to go to each report's "Usage Metrics Report" in each workspace.  And those that only have View access to the workspace cannot see the "Usage Metrics Report".

jaymichael78
Regular Visitor

I am building out an adoption metrics report which uses this api. It is sad that you can not get down to the page level but with dataflows you can get down to the entity level. Having the page views is a needed activity within this api. 

I voted on: 
Microsoft Idea  · Get-PowerBIActivityEvent Logging Report Page / Report Visual level

Microsoft Idea  · Audit Log with Page activity (powerbi.com)

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @andymc 

I can confirm that page view are currently not in the Activity Events API at this point in time

You can vote for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors