Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

‘Gateway not configured’ in PBI Service when Static Data tables exist in the PBIX file

When I upload certain Power BI PBIX files from PBI Desktop to my workspace, then there is an issue that the Gateway is ‘not configured correctly’ (screenshot 1). This makes no logical sense, as the same dashboards have worked for years

FM_UNI_0-1655216024745.png

If I remove tables from the .pbix file which have static data (from ‘enter data’), and republish, then the gateway is working again (screenshot 2). However there are now mappings missing which affects the data

FM_UNI_2-1655216098897.png

These tables are simple tables used for mapping which originally were entered with static data in ‘Enter Data’ button in desktop.

I also see the same effect with another .PBIX file which has a query for Refresh time, where code is used to read system date and then convert to a table

Let TodaysDate = DateTime.From(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow(),0)),

#"Converted to Table" = #table(1, {{TodaysDate}})…..

I have to remove this also to get the gateway to work.

Any idea why after publishing from Deskop, that we are no longer able to use the gateway in PBI Service? Gateways are all upgrades to May 2022 version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Update: seems to be a software issue. Was using old version of Desktop. I upgraded and now gateway mappings can be completed

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Update: seems to be a software issue. Was using old version of Desktop. I upgraded and now gateway mappings can be completed

Thanks for letting us know.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @FM_UNI 

What I would do is to click on the option to create a new data source for the gateway where it is not working.

When it creates the new data source have a look at what the details are.

Then compare these details to the current working one. I am sure there might be some slight difference which is causing the issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

hi @GilbertQ 

the problem is when the power bi pbix file has a table entered manually in PBI desktop. These tables should not require any gateway mapping. 

If i remove the manual tables in desktop, then gateway works. If i add back a table using 'enter data' in PBI desktop and publish, then gateway no longer works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors