Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rsderidd
Frequent Visitor

Find the reports that use a relationship

Hello,

I want to make a change to one of the relationships in my model.. however I want to make sure I don't break any reports that use the current relationship.

Right now, its a bi directional relationship, and I want to make it 1 way.

But I'd like to see all the reports that currently make use of this relationship, so I can use them for testing.

Is there some way to get the list of reports that currently utilize this relationship?

4 REPLIES 4
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @rsderidd 

I don't think there are any automatic processes to check the list of reports that will break.

You have to follow few steps
Once you have the list of reports liked with Dataset
Take a backup of the dataset
Create a separate version modify the changes and publish.
Check which reports are not working as expected.

If solved your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION. appreciate your KUDOS 👍⬇️

Thanks
Pijush

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @rsderidd 

Please on the Dataset in the workspace
Then see the open Lineage view
It will show the all reports are using this dataset.
That means, it this dataset is used, the same relations also are in use. You have to check all reports before making any changes in relation.

If solved your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION. appreciate your KUDOS 👍 ⬇️

Thanks
Pijush

I know about the lineage to see all reports that use a dataset.. But imagine hundreds of reports that use a dataset.  I want to make a change to 1 relationship. I want to know which reports I need to test, after making that 1 change.  Likely only a couple reports of the hundreds, actually use that specific relationship.

Measure Killer can show you that. The only thing you need to do is either download the dataset and all reports that are connected to it (and use the free version of the tool) or buy the paid version so the tool will find all connected reports automatically.

Inside the output it will show you exactly which columns from which reports are consuming a certain relationship (or column).

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors