Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Fabric Capacity Education Pricing

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the following. Realise it may just be a case of wait and see.

I work in the education sector for an academy trust which has 9 schools. We have a P1 capacity purchased under education pricing through the M365 end of the world which makes it considerably cheaper.

Fabric capacities however are purchased as Azure compute in a similar way to how A SKUs are currently done and I've never seen an education option on any azure costs. Am I missing something?

I know that our existing P SKU is not going to vanish but I'm just trying to understand the bigger picture for education in general.

Thanks

Ben

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcdobbs ,

Power BI Premium P SKUs support Microsoft Fabric.

With P skus, you can create Power BI content. Share, collaborate on, and distribute Power BI and Microsoft Fabric content.

If your region is under the Fabric availability region, tenant admin can enable Enable Fabric under tenant settings, and you can use the existing P1 SKUs purchased through the education price to use the Fabric-related features directly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@bcdobbs It's an interesting question. According to this page: Microsoft Fabric licenses - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn, P SKU's support Fabric functionality. So the question becomes, do organizations with P SKU's get the additional Fabric functionality "for free" or are they raising the prices of P SKU's or do P SKU's support a subset of Fabric functionality but not the full set of Fabric functionality? I cover the topic in this video here:

I think it is very much a "wait and see" at this time. By "Supports Fabric" what exactly does that mean?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors