Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Error with when published powerBI.

Hello,

I managed to published my Dasboard. Everything when over nicely.
However, when I try to click refresh on the following page: 

1. Clicking on the refresh buttonGeraldTanwx1990_2-1691753088461.png

2. Error msg shownGeraldTanwx1990_0-1691753048882.png

Solutions i tried but not working:

1. Connection using web, sharepoint and excel 

May i know what is the issue here? :C 
If i can't get this to work, it would mean that i need to publish my report on a monthly basis and cannot use the auto refresh function. 😐 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeraldTanwx1990 ,

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeraldTanwx1990 ,

Hi @sulleyinoz ,

The issue has been resolved. Please try refreshing.Thank you all for your understanding.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

anthonylabuda

We spent 3 hours on the phone and the collected the logs and could not resolve but through trial and error i resolved my issue by locating an empty list and adding a blank entry then it recognized the ID column and the refreshes have been running smoothly. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeraldTanwx1990 ,

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

anthonylabuda

I have a similar issue... I received the following: 

{"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","details":[{"code":"ModelRefresh_DataSourceErrorLabel","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error: The column '<ccon>ID' of the table wasn't found.. ID. <\/ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: NEWQA."}},{"code":"ClusterUriText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net"}},{"code":"ActivityIdText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"b5fb8280-6ca2-4bc5-b235-274df81bff41"}},{"code":"RequestIdText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"4e406718-c826-25b5-2dbf-43110c1df9b9"}},{"code":"TimestampText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"2023-08-11 12:39:25Z"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

I have checked the column names, rebuilt the entire query and it still kicks back an error when it is published online but not on desktop

@anthonylabuda in this error missing column is NEWQA[ccon]. If this column in your data source re-check it spelled correctly and make sure there is no extra space before of after. 

Another way you can try to create a sample report with only that table (NEWQA) and check same column column gives you error or not. 

to validate your data source connection in the service, you can try with some other table create and publish the report then do the refresh. This time your refresh should perform perfectly. If not resolve data source connection. 

same here. still not able to find a solution yet :C 
I replaced the file with a newly created one. problem is still happening.

Royel
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @GeraldTanwx1990
to address this error few more things need to check, 

1. Go to Transform Data and check is there any error or not. Click Close & Apply to process all data smoothly. 

2.  You have three different source (web, sharepoint and excel) you need to configure all data source connection from dataset settings -> Getway Connection. 

resolve this and let me know the progress. 

Regards
Royel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tested the posted method. However, errror still remains the same. 
Desktop is working perfect but when dashboard was posted to online, the error will happen at the 2nd refresh.

Same here i have rebuilt this query 4 times today

lets pray for someone to help. otherwise, the only solution i can think of is to update and publish the files manually. 

what would work for you too right? (but i know it isn't idea) hahaaa

hahah i have meeting with microsoft soon hopefully there is a resoltuion

cool!!
Could you keep this post upadted too?
The problem is making me very curious hahaha.

Thanks !!! 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors