Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tiemibf

DirectQuery and Embed Error: Impersonation is not supported for SSO enabled models

hey guys, our application has PowerBI dashboards embedded on it and a few days ago, one of those dashboards has been updated to use DirectQuery on one of its visuals. With that, our embedded dashboard broke and I got the following message: "Embedding a report with a model which has a Direct Query connection to another model is not supported with V1 embed token".
So we learned PowerBI embed does not support Direct Query and to restablish our embeded dashboard, we made a rollback on PowerBI, going back to a file version from before this Direct Query had been applied. We've saved and published it, but now getting an error Embed Error: Impersonation is not supported for SSO enabled models.

Important additional info: this dashboard has RLS applied.

Is there any setting that could've change when we used the Direct Query and that is now making it break? What should I do to at least restablish the functioning of our embedded dashboard?

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Castle_1979

Hi did you ever find a resolution to this .. I did the same thing and having the same problem.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @tiemibf 

What I would do is to make sure that you are using the latest version for Power BI Embedded and make sure that your code matches the latest version?

I know that there are updates to Power BI Embedded which is possibly affecting your issue from being fixed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors