Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Myagi-Do
Helper I
Helper I

Desktop Refresh works but scheduled refresh has error

Our scheduled refresh failed today with the following error message:

Data source error: {"error":
{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)'"}},

{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: myTableName.

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID: 26d2af47-c563-4b46-be9a-7e29f1cc3eb8 Request ID: 190ca7e1-f6aa-4362-8dab-6758d2f73802 Time: 2023-06-06 05:13:33Z 

1. What is provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.

2. How is this related to myTableName

3. Are these error messages documented somehow with which tool can I investigate the issue better.

4. What is the current support ticket url? 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ redirects me to the Fabric support. There I am nly able to login to the community support but there is no way of writing a ticket.

2 REPLIES 2
Myagi-Do
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @v-zhangti ,

thank you for the information. 

I don't think that the table itself was the problem. The scheduled refresh worked fine when we started it manually and the scheduled the next day.

" The "semaphore timeout period has expired" message suggests that the server was waiting for a response from the data source, but did not receive it within a specified time period. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as network congestion or a slow data source."

To which network are you referring to? The source is Azure SQL. How could we drill down and investigate these issues further? The link you send doesn't cover these kind of errors.

Thanks again for the help

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Myagi-Do 

It looks like the scheduled refresh failed due to a data source error, specifically an issue with the TCP Provider. The error message suggests that there was a timeout period that expired while the server was receiving results from the data source.

Regarding your questions:

1. The "provider: TCP Provider, error: 0" message refers to a network error that occurred while the data was being transferred between the server and the data source. The "semaphore timeout period has expired" message suggests that the server was waiting for a response from the data source, but did not receive it within a specified time period. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as network congestion or a slow data source.

2. The error message specifically mentions the table "myTableName", which suggests that the issue may be related to that particular table. It's possible that there is an issue with the data in that table, or with the way that it is being accessed by the server.

Troubleshoot refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors