Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gkwright88
Regular Visitor

Deployment Pipeline not loading

Has anyone encountered the issue where a Deployment Pipeline that was previously working fine, no longer pulls up anything? We have 3 DPs. 2 work fine, but 1 of them just says "Loading Pipeline" and never displays anything - not the stages nor the artifacts. Just the blank screen with the above message.  if so, how was it resolved?  This just started happening somewhere between Feb 8 and Feb 14 2024.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
gkwright88
Regular Visitor

Here is the solution that worked for us.  We used the Rest API to unattach our dev workspace from the DP.  We then removed several objects (rpts / models / score cards) that were not needed. At least 2 of these used a more obscure Marketo data connection that may have been dropped as supported. (Not sure). So we are not sure if we had to reduce below a certain # objects or if removing the reports that had more obscure data connections solved it. But once we did, we could reassign this dev workspace to the DP and proceed as normal. Luckily we did not have to delete the whole pipeline and recreate it which is actually what MS said we should do. 

View solution in original post

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkwright88 , Hi all,
The issue has been resolved by the product team and you can deploy and open pipeline to do so.

Best regards,

Albert He

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkwright88 , Hi all,
The issue has been resolved by the product team and you can deploy and open pipeline to do so.

Best regards,

Albert He

@v-heq-msft Can I find any official communication on this issue from Microsoft outside of this Community forum?

maxbarj
Regular Visitor

Same issue here with one of our DP.

Sorry but the provided solution is not acceptable. We need a clear answer from Microsoft Support of what do do precisely to fix this problem.

hochstenbach
Regular Visitor

We are presently having the same issue:- the deployment pipeline cannot be loaded. It remains stuck, displaying the message “Loading Pipeline…” when an attempt is made to open the Power BI deployment pipeline.

I have also tried below but no luck so far

•  "unassign" workspaces using API 
  • Delete Pipeline and created a new but the spinner wont go away

This is stopping our customers to make any promotions.  I requested to raise the severity on this case, will keep you posted.

It appears that this issue has been rsolved.  The DP opens up fine now and we're able to manage deployment.

pvuppala
Helper IV
Helper IV

I am assuming if you "Unassign" any workspace using API, it will remove all Deployment rules?  We're dealing with this issue for 2 customers this week. One of them using Paginated reports.

pvuppala
Helper IV
Helper IV

Two of our customers reported this issue lately.  I opened an incident with Microsoft.  Could someone share any link for this known issue?  I don't see it on this page

gkwright88
Regular Visitor

Here is the solution that worked for us.  We used the Rest API to unattach our dev workspace from the DP.  We then removed several objects (rpts / models / score cards) that were not needed. At least 2 of these used a more obscure Marketo data connection that may have been dropped as supported. (Not sure). So we are not sure if we had to reduce below a certain # objects or if removing the reports that had more obscure data connections solved it. But once we did, we could reassign this dev workspace to the DP and proceed as normal. Luckily we did not have to delete the whole pipeline and recreate it which is actually what MS said we should do. 

I am facing the same issue right now, and we are also in contact with Microsoft Support. If I have any news from our side, I let you know.

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkwright88, Hi all,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

DavidS524
Helper I
Helper I

My organization is facing this same issue with one of our largest pipelines. It was discovered this morning and is still not working. I do hope there is a solution outside of rebuilding the entire thing as that would be a time consuming endeavor.

The trace we did revealed nothing to MS.  They have said we will need to detach the workspaces from the pipeline. Since you cannot go to the pipeline that is stuck to do that, they sent us a link to a REST API: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/pipelines/unassign-workspace which you can use the Try it feature, plug in your info and it should perform the task.  We are going to then reattached each WS to the existing pipeline and see if that resets it.  If not, we'll repeat and the 2nd time actually delete the pipeline and create it again, then attaching the WS's to it.  Will report results later. Hopefully the first step works and saves us needing to create all the deployment rules again.

JoaoCorreia

Hello everyone. I am also expiricing this. We only have one Deployment Pipeline and it has exactly the same behaviour now. 

I can create more and those seem to work, unfortunately I don't have a solution yet.

Reply to MS support on 21-feb-2024

I’m reaching out to you regarding the loading screen issue you are facing with pipelines page, this is a known issue and impacting many other users, our engineering team shared an ETA for this to be fixed by middle of the next week, initial ETA is 27/2/2024

Too many reports to move to new pipelines, dependencies and parameters ...

Please keep us updatet on this issue, we experience the same. Hope Microsoft will fix this 27/2/24.

The issue seems to be resolved for us, pipelines are loading as expected today 26/2/24. 

I hope it works fo you also.

I must say that without changing anything the Deployment Pipeline is now working

That's good news for you.    In my situation, we actually were on with microsoft support, and in Edge, developer tools recorded a trace and they are looking at it.   Worst case will be that we need to delete the deploy pipeline and then create a new pipeline and re-add our dev, test,prod workspaces to it. We are waiting to see if the trace identifies anything else first though.  I'll update the thread later with our final resolution.

VinayKashyap

I am also facing same issue - the deployment pipeline cannot be loaded. It remains stuck, displaying the message “Loading Pipeline…” when an attempt is made to open the Power BI deployment pipeline.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors