Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nqzhhzmn
Advocate II
Advocate II

Debugging dataflows Unexpected Error with Session ID

I am pretty new to dataflows, so I apologize for the simple question.   Often when creating a dataflow, I will receive a popup message saying "Unexpected error: We encountered an unexpected error."  This is followed after a minute or so of the spinning wheel by the mashup text, but with no indication where the error is.  Practically speaking, I usually have to re-author the entire dataflow, but I am wondering if there is a better way to debug dataflows that are producing errors

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @nqzhhzmn 

Could you confirm with your network admin that they are not making the time to re-authenticate to short?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I am the network admin.  We are a very small company, so I do all IT related stuff.

Hi, @nqzhhzmn 

Please refer to this related thread.

Keep getting "unexpected error" when creating new dataflow 

Try to add the account as an administrator in the  workspace, and then create a dataflow.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

I am an admin in the workspace, so that isn't the problem.  The solution is just to start over and re-author the dataflow, then it works.  Somehow, the logic of the dataflow is just getting too much for Power Query to handle, and there is some mistake in the logic, so it just gives up.  

I just wish I could fire up gdb, attach to the core file and see where it bombed.  A reliable way to find the issue is definitely missing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors