Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows always fail to refresh due to "internal error"

I cannot seem to get a single dataflow to work. Even the most simple dataflow that doesn't connect to any data source and just returns static data will fail to refresh with the error:

Error: Internal error Request ID: 67d17199-9d7f-23ca-59f0-aa5534b1b9e2 Activity ID: ec2ef1d5-5e76-4cc7-98b4-da9d03db843a

or similar. I've tried everything...different data sources, credentials, different app workspaces. Nothing seems to make any difference, and I can't find any details as to why. Other uses seem to get this issue for a variety of reasons but none seem to apply to me.

I'm starting to wonder if it's an account based issue, but I don't know how to access any deeper diagnostic information.

Suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Galia
Employee
Employee

Hi Davolsen,

I've just looked into the logs base on the request Id you provided us. We saw the same problem from other customers and engineering team is working on a fix. We will update you as soon as the fix will be in place.

Thanks,

Galia

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

Hi @Ustinovdl  @korpek 

It seems to be that you're refering to a different case than mine was. For me the issues are all fixed and where related to a temporary bug with the entity and dataflow names. All fixed as mentioned by @Batchen_Haviv  in earlier posts. 

So, if it is not the same, you probably can better open a new topic. 

Regards, 

Marc 

https://data-marc.com/

Same problem since 2 days. Impossible to close the dataflow. Yet, it's been working fine for 3 months. The refresh works  but I can no longer make any change. 

So disturbing !!!

Marc

ID d'activité: e970b637-efbb-42e9-8d06-3dfa37aabbd3

ID de demande: 8fdd4d87-9a0e-e101-b0fd-6faf734e3d7d

ID de corrélation: 9e27ce15-ace9-6ebb-8046-da2787709e6b

Code d'état: 500

Heure: Mon Jul 01 2019 22:57:05 GMT+0200 (heure d’été d’Europe centrale) Version: 13.0.9933.240 URI du cluster: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same error on dataflows. The data was working and then it started failing to refresh. I tried deleting the table and re-adding it, as well as logging on and off. 

This is the error I am getting when I download the excel file:

Error: Internal error Request ID: bc8283d5-d44d-406e-f803-e3e94f06b986 Activity ID: 2672c6b9-184a-45c7-aaf6-4ad7be05693c

Hi verballi2,

We are aware and a fix should be available by the end of week.

If you wish to overcome it immediately you can rename your entities so they include only letters, numbers and spaces (no special characters) and also verify they don't start with a number.

Thanks

Dotan Marcus

Hi verballi.

The root cause of your problem is not the same as this thread problem. I am investigating your problem, will update once I will have more information.

Batchen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tested my data flows and they are now refreshing.

Looks like the issue is fixed for the moment!

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you post separately with a Request ID and Activity ID. There might be a different cause for your problem, and you don't want my problem mixed up with yours.

Is there an update to this issue?  I'm seeing the same error.

Hi AdamWidi,

The problem related to MFA issues. We are still working on a fix.

There might be a workaround, please asked the owner of the dataflow to re-login to PBI. After the re-login try to refresh the dataflow again. 

Thanks

Batchen

Thank you for the quick response!

I logged out and back into Power BI, and tried refreshing the dataflow again.  The spinner spun for longer this time, but I eventually got the same error.  Note, I was able to successfully refresh a PowerBI dataset using the same gateway connection.  It's the dataflow that is failing.

Thanks, Adam

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors