Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Dashboard view with multiple reports generated from different data sources

Hi All,

I want to create a dasboard by pinning different reports visual which are genertaed from different sources.

Suppose i have 3 reports , report1 is generated from SQL (direct query), report2 is generated from SAP Hana(direct query), report 3 is generated from Excel.

i pinned one visual from each report and create a dashboard and shared with the one user.

the user has access on Excel and SQL but user doesn't have access on SAP Hana.

1. Will user be able to view the dasboard with all the tiles (one tile from the report1, one tile from report2, one tile from report3) 

2. if yes then what will happen if user click on tile which is pinned from repor2 (SAP Hana as source)

3. If not then user will only be able to see tiles pinned from report 1 and report 3 in dashboard.

Please let me know if you reuire more information on above scenario.

Thank you for your help and time.

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chayanupadhyay ,

What do you mean about giving him access?  Where do you set the permission for him?  If you have managed gateway and you could view the all the content of three reports, the user will view all the tiles when you share the dashboard to him and haven’t  set special option for him. And when he click the tile from report2, he will view the whole content of report2.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-xuding-msft  for your reply and apologies for late reply.

When i said access, i meant data source access.

User has access on SQL DB and Excel but don't have access on SAP Hana.

I have created a dashboard using the three reports (one visual from each report is pin on dashboard) and reports are built on Direct query mode (reports with SQL and SAP Hana as source).

if i share the dashboard with user:

1. Will user be able to view the dasboard with all the tiles (one tile from the report1, one tile from report2, one tile from report3) 

2. if yes then what will happen if user click on tile which is pinned from repor2 (SAP Hana as source)

3. If not then user will only be able to see tiles pinned from report 1 and report 3 in dashboard.

Hope this will help to answer your query.

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay

Hi @chayanupadhyay ,

As I said , if you have managed gateway and you can view all the contents,  the users shared will also view the contents of the dashboard even if you didn't give them the access of SAP Hana.  And when they click on the tile from report2, they will view entire the contents of the report.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-xuding-msft  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors