Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

Dashboard Usage Metrics Views By User blank

The dashboard metrics dont seem to be populating external users views of the dashboards i have created. 

Are external users tracked via there email name? like domain users are? The external users currently are on a Pro Trial does this impact the name being shown below? I can see 12 views without a user name.

Blank PowerBI.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @THEG72,

The usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, both Free and Pro. It seems to me that it's a limitation that the name or email of the external users won't be shown in the usage metrics report currently. So I would suggest post your feedback in Usage Metrics for Dashboard/Report Authors Feedback to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @THEG72,

The usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, both Free and Pro. It seems to me that it's a limitation that the name or email of the external users won't be shown in the usage metrics report currently. So I would suggest post your feedback in Usage Metrics for Dashboard/Report Authors Feedback to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors