Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dashboard Sharing

I have Office Pro Plus & Power BI for Office 365 subscriptions and I added a free Power BI account today.

Then I logged in my paid account and shared a dahsboard with my free acoount

Then I logged in the free account and waited for the dashboard I shared from my paid account to show up...

While waiting I found this.....

"Your colleagues will receive an email invitation with a link to the shared dashboard. Clicking the link adds the dashboard to their Power BI. If they haven't yet signed up for Power BI, they will be redirected to instructions to do so."

The problem is that my domain name is -------.onmicorosoft.com and I don't think I get email service with this subscription.

So although the invitation seems to be pending - because I can go in my paid account and cancel it - my free account will never get that invitation because my domain is onmicrosoft.com

Any suggestions???

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Had to switch my plan from Office 365 Pro Plus (which provides the domain but does not provide email service to it) to Office 365 E3 (which includes email service). I hope they make it easier to share dashboards with messages within the PBI environment instead of emails but for now issue resolved.
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Both accounts are with => samellc.onmicrosoft.com domains.

If its within the same domain why can't the free account just get a notification inside the Power BI website when that user logs in.

What's the point of the email - I am already signed up for Power BI.

@Sean Your second account needs to be in the same domain in order to share/open.

To test out the sharing scenerio's I had to have a test user created in our company domain by my IT team, including email service, just to make this work.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.