Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

icassiem
Helper V
Helper V

Custom Date Picker (OnClick Event)

Good day,

I have a timeseries dataset that gives me YTD, MTD, Week which is controlled by buttons with date picker.

the 4th button i have is for Custom timeseries that gives me all the days

The issue i have is that when i select YTD and go to my datepicker to customize i can only select dates within the filtered "YTD" dates, hence why the custom buton is to reset the filtered date

2 Issues, im building a scorecard with very little space ad no money to buy date picker or the new one and the users dont want the double click of selecting Custom then opening the date picker. I controlled this via bookmarks but its become horrible with no space and no on datepicker select clear filter

Building an scorecard where each kpi is treated individually and i have a date slicer on each kpi, really not nice but how else for a modern date picker popup

Any other options please

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @icassiem ,

Power BI's built-in date slicer provides a range of customization options that may not require an external date picker component. You can configure it to allow users to select custom date ranges directly.

You can refer to below document:

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank You @v-kongfanf-msft 

This issue is that when i select the timeseries the date picker only allows me to pick dates from within the selected timeseries, example if imeseries = day then i cant pick another date from date picker when timeseries slicer is linked

hence the buttons, as the cutum button will reset the date range but my audiance does not like the functionality of clicking custom to edit slicer date and then date picker calendar icons

any ideas please?

also i deas of popup date picker from icon?

Regards

Untitled.jpg

Reverse order too, once i select the custom date from picker my slicer does not over wride the selection, it can only be changed from the picker

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors